Learning Support Assistant
We are looking for a creative, motivated and excellent Learning Support Assistant who would relish the opportunity to join our innovative and committed Inclusion team. You will be fundamental in contributing to this vibrant local community within the Local Authority’s first all-through school for children and young people aged 3 to 19 in South London.
We are looking for an individual who:
• has recent experience of working in a school setting; primary or secondary;
• can use their knowledge and specialist skills to assess the English levels of pupils and plan specific support for pupils learning English as an additional language;
• is an excellent practitioner with very high expectations of what can be achieved;
• has a good understanding of child development and learning processes to support and drive the development of our pupils’ love of learning and aspiration;
• has the ability to communicate effectively in a variety of situations - verbal and written and can use ICT effectively to support learning; • the ability to work constructively as part of a team and commit to the school’s ethos, aims and school environment with a positive, flexible can-do attitude;
• the ability to work under pressure in a constantly changing and demanding environment, prioritising conflicting work demands.
Our strong and experienced leadership team are committed to providing an exceptional and enriching education for all our young people.
Salary & Benefits
Scale 4, Spine points 7-10 (£24,705 - £26,064), pro rata term time only (35 hours per week, 39 weeks per year)
Woodmansterne School & Sixth Form
How to apply
Please email your application to: email@example.com.
Woodmansterne School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers or external agencies to share this commitment. Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. Further information can be found at www.gov.uk
Woodmansterne School is an equal opportunities employer and particularly encourages applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic candidates, as these groups are underrepresented throughout education nationally.