Nursery admissions 2024/2025
At Woodmansterne Nursery we offer 3 different session options:
- Part time - All day Monday and Tuesday and Wednesday AM
- Part time - All day Thursday and Friday and Wednesday PM only
The school’s nursery admission criteria will be used to decide which children can be offered a place.
These criteria are as follows:
- Children who are looked after, or who have an allocated social worker who has provided written support of the application.
- Children who are recommended for a place at the school by the Disability or locality MAT (Multi-Agency Team).
- Children with professionally supported educational, social or medical needs.
- Children with a brother or sister currently attending the school and who will still be at the school when the child is admitted.
- Children who live nearest to the school on the basis of distance between the child’s home and the school, measured by a straight line.
Our applications are now closed for January and April 2024 entry.
If you would like to apply to our Nursery for September 2024, January or April 2025, please click here
September 2024 entry – Application deadline Friday 16th February 2024 – offers will be made after the closing date.
January 2025 entry – Application deadline Friday 18th October 2024 (offers will be made only if there are places available)
April 2025 entry - Application deadline Friday 12th January 2024 (Offers only if there are places available)
Please complete the attached application form and email this to email@example.com along with your child’s birth certificate/passport and a proof of address for yourself, this can either be a council tax letter for the year or a utility bill no older than 3 months.
Additional Nursery support
As of September 2022, Woodmansterne will be offering additional Nursery provision, known as ‘top up. If you would like your child to attend full time but are not eligible for free 30 hours, you can get the full time place via top up. This means that you will need to top up the additional 15 hours on top of the 15 hours funded by the Government. Please contact the school office if you would like to apply for top up hours. ‘Top up is subject to there being a place available. The current charge is £37.00 for a full day and £18.50 for half a day – to be paid one month in advance via parent pay.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would be interested in ‘top up
30 hours system
Children can attend fulltime under the government 30-hour system. This is only for children where each parent (or a lone parent in a lone family) earns an average, a weekly minimum equivalent to 16 hours at National minimum wage or National living wage and less than £100,000 per year.
To find out if you are eligible you will need to fill in an online questionnaire on the application on HMRC site which is now available.
If you are eligible you will receive an eligibility code (a DERN). You will need to present this to the school before we can offer you a full time place.
For more information please refer to:
If you are applying for a fulltime place you will have to provide us with your DERN code on the application form. A place can only be confirmed once we have checked your DERNs eligibility.
Woodmansterne Nursery offers an additional provision known as ‘Top up’. If you would like your child to to find out if you are eligible you will need to fill in an online questionnaire on the application on HMRC site which is now available.