The Nursery at Woodmansterne is a part time nursery and we offer 2 different options: For those starting in Nursery in September 2023, please visit our Transition page here. To view our primary prospectus, please click here.
- All day Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday morning
- All day Thursday, Friday and Wednesday afternoon
The school’s nursery admission criteria will be used to decide which children can be offered a place.
These criteria are as follows:
- Children who are looked after, or who have an allocated social worker who has provided written support of the application.
- Children who are recommended for a place at the school by the Disability or locality MAT (Multi-Agency Team).
- Children with professionally supported educational, social or medical needs.
- Children with a brother or sister currently attending the school and who will still be at the school when the child is admitted.
- Children who live nearest to the school on the basis of distance between the child’s home and the school, measured by a straight line.
To apply please click here. Please send completed form along with your childs birth certificate and a proof of address for yourself. If you are applying for a full time place please also include your DERN code to Ms Butcher at firstname.lastname@example.org or drop into the Secondary office on Woodmansterne Road.
The deadline for applications has passed but if you are interested in a nursery place for September 2023, please contact email@example.com and we may be able to accommodate your requirements. To see our Nursery Admissions Policy click here.
Additional Nursery support
As of September 2022, Woodmansterne will be offering additional Nursery provision, known as ‘top up. If you would like your child to attend full time but are not eligible for free 30 hours, you can get the full time place via top up. This means that you will need to top up the additional 15 hours on top of the 15 hours funded by the Government. Please contact the school office if you would like to apply for top up hours. ‘Top up is subject to there being a place available. The current charge is £37.00 for a full day and £18.50 for half a day – to be paid one month in advance via parent pay.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would be interested in ‘top up
30 hours system
There is also an opportunity for children to attend full time under the new government 30 hours system. This is only for children where each parent (or the lone parent in a lone parent family) earns on average, a weekly minimum equivalent to 16 hours at national minimum wage or National living wage (£115.20 a week if over 25yrs or £107.00 if 21yrs), and less than £100,000 per year.
To find out if you are eligible you will need to fill in an online questionnaire on the application on HMRC site which is now available.
If you are eligible you will receive an eligibility code (a DERN). You will need to present this to the school before we can offer you a full time place.
For more information please refer to: