The Nursery at Woodmansterne is a part time nursery and we offer 2 different options:
- All day Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday morning or
- All day Thursday, Friday and Wednesday afternoon
The school’s nursery admission criteria will be used to decide which children can be offered a place.
These criteria are as follows:
- Children who are looked after, or who have an allocated social worker who has provided written support of the application.
- Children who are recommended for a place at the school by the Disability or locality MAT (Multi-Agency Team).
- Children with professionally supported educational, social or medical needs.
- Children with a brother or sister currently attending the school and who will still be at the school when the child is admitted.
- Children who live nearest to the school on the basis of distance between the child’s home and the school, measured by a straight line.
To apply for a place you can pick up an application form from the Woodmansterne School Office or download a form here
30 hours system
There is also an opportunity for children to attend full time under the new government 30 hours system. This is only for children where each parent (or the lone parent in a lone parent family) earns on average, a weekly minimum equivalent to 16 hours at national minimum wage or National living wage (£115.20 a week if over 25yrs or £107.00 if 21yrs), and less than £100,000 per year.
To find out if you are eligible you will need to fill in an online questionnaire on the application on HMRC site which is now available.
If you are eligible you will receive an eligibility code (a DERN). You will need to present this to the school before we can offer you a full time place.
For more information please refer to: