Woodmansterne's School Improvement Priorities 2021- 2022
QUALITY OF EDUCATION:
1. INTENT - Curriculum:
1a. To ensure our curriculum is inclusive, engaging, challenging and relevant, with assessment that is rigorous and effective in enabling pupils to progress.
1b. To ensure that our curriculum (EYFS to KS5) matches the needs of all pupils and prepares them for choices at post 16 and beyond.
2. IMPLEMENTATION - Teaching and Learning, Development:
2a. To achieve consistency of High-Quality Teaching and an all-through learning culture that delivers engaging learning experiences and enrichment opportunities for all.
2b. To ensure that staff are fully prepared for the teaching and assessment requirements of KS4 & KS5 courses,
2c. To ensure that strong staff interaction between the primary and secondary phases, in terms of approaches to teaching and learning, assessment and pastoral care, remains a unique feature of the school and maximises the potential of its “all through” status.
3. IMPACT - Outcomes:
To improve whole school performance by closing the gap to ensure all groups (including those who are disadvantaged or lower attainers) make at least good progress & reach their full potential.
OUR BEHAVIOURS AND ATTITUDES:
4. To instil Woodmansterne’s core values, characteristics of learning and an active awareness of social injustice, inspiring our school community to be the very best version of themselves that they can be.
5. To provide opportunities that promote equality and safety for all through a rigorous approach to safeguarding practices, including
e-safety, contextual safeguarding and emotional and mental well-being.
LEADERSHIP & MANAGEMENT:
6. To continue to foster expertise, resilience, initiative, ambition and creativity in leaders and thus enhance their positive impact on pupils’ outcomes.
7. To continue to develop our partnerships with parents, the community, local authority, other schools, further education institutions, professional partners, business, industry and charities.
8. To deliver on these principles and priorities in spite of the challenges presented by Covid-19.
AHT: Assistant Headteacher
ASP: Analysing School Performance
CPD: Continued Professional Development
EWO: Educational Welfare Officer
ISDR: Inspection Data Summary Report (Ofsted)
ML: Middle Leaders
PA: Persistent absentees
RAG: Red, Amber, Green (demonstrating progress towards improvement)Plan
SCR: Single Central Record
SIA: School Improvement Advisor
SIP: School Improvement
SGP: Sharing Good Practice
SL: Senior Leaders
TOR: Terms of Reference
External review in italics