Teacher of Religious Studies Secondary
We are looking to appoint an excellent teacher and creative leader to join our evolving team and be fundamental in shaping our all-through school. You will lead the strategic direction and development of an inspiring, cohesive, curriculum which will excite and prepare pupils for the next phase in their learning journey.
We are looking for an excellent Teacher of Religious Studies (Secondary) with:
- Experience of teaching Religious Studies at KS4 (ideally Eduqas Route A Christianity and Islam) and KS5 (Ideally Edexcel A Level Religious Studies – Islam, Philosophy and Ethics);
- very high expectations of what can be achieved;
- a proven track record in raising pupil attainment;
- an understanding of how children learn and the complexities of this process;
- the aspiration to work with young people, colleagues and parents;
- the skills to work successfully as a team member establishing effective working relationships and flexible working practices;
- experience of following direction and working in collaboration with colleagues, parents, pupils and the school community;
- strong interpersonal skills;
- a creative and innovative approach to school improvement;
- the ability lead on the educational progress, achievement and enrichment experience trips, rewards and clubs).
Our strong and experienced leadership team are committed to providing an exceptional and enriching education for all our young people.
Salary & Benefits
MPS/UPS (Inner London) full time or part time ECT welcome
Woodmansterne School & Sixth Form
- Teacher of Religious Studies JD and Person Spec
- Teacher of Religious Studies Applicant Letter
- Woodmansterne Application Form
- Lambeth Recruitment Information Booklet
How to apply
Please email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Woodmansterne School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers or external agencies to share this commitment. Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. Further information can be found at www.gov.uk
Woodmansterne School is an equal opportunities employer and particularly encourages applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic candidates, as these groups are underrepresented throughout education nationally.