If you are struggling with your child’s attendance, here are some tried and tested tips to ensure good school attendance for your child:
• Talk to your child about how important it is to attend school every day.
• Show an interest in what your child has learnt at school each day.
• If you think your child is trying to avoid school, try to find out why? Ask them, ask their friends, ask their teachers.
• Help your child to keep to routines, going to bed and getting up at set times, completing home learning on the day it is set.
• Unless unavoidable, please do not arrange medical or dental appointments during the school day.
• Encourage after-school extra curricular activities.
• Talk to your child’s teacher if you notice changes in behaviour.
Many parents are surprised at how quickly their child accumulates 17 days absence.