Working at Woodmansterne
Working at Woodmansterne is never dull. Creative ideas are listened to and considered and challenge is encouraged. Staff here are keen and confident to go the extra mile, knowing that their input is valued and respected. Woodmansterne is a special place, ask anyone who has walked through our doors, the learning environment is calm and enriched; pupils, staff and parents are happy. Our goal is simple, to ‘achieve excellence together’, we do this by supporting each other in our relentless focus to inspire our young people (and each other) to be the very best version of themselves that they can be.
Working closely across phases has ensured cohesion between staff, a greater understanding of effective transition and how children learn and flourish. Our children have been able to share experiences and develop a strong and united voice. It has been a pioneering journey, one that we have embraced as a community, we have learnt from each other, risen to challenges and overcome obstacles together. As we continue our journey we intend to protect and the uniqueness of our cross phase community and all-through provision.
Working closely with our families and the wider community is something we are passionate about, we have links with the local food bank, host community events for local elderly residents and share our wonderful facilities with the local community groups.
As a Woodmansterne staff member, you can expect regular and relevant professional development, opportunities to work across phases, be creative and risk taking in your teaching, work closely with colleagues in planning and training. You will be an integral part of this wonderful school and supported by an experienced and supportive leadership team.
Some more reasons why Woodmansterne is a great place to work:
- we have fantastic children and families (many schools say that, but we really do);
- half-price wrap around care if your child/ren attend Play Professionals after school club provision (either at Woodmansterne or another school);
- we have amazing facilities: two fantastic libraries, dedicated ICT suites, specialist food rooms, science labs, music provision and well-resourced, ICT rich learning spaces and a huge playing field;
- our exciting, enriched, curriculum is pupil-centred aimed at capturing every child’s full learning potential;
- we are committed to staff well-being and have a well-being committee who arrange book clubs, exercise classes and well-being activities;
- a commitment to personalised professional development and opportunities for career growth;
- we have a cohesive, friendly, highly-skilled and passionate staff body, who are completely committed to Woodmansterne’s values and ethos;
- access to the Cyclescheme;
- free tea, coffee, milk and sugar provided in our wonderful spacious staffrooms and work areas;
- delicious food cooked by our Chefs in Schools team at affordable prices;
- the uniqueness of our all-through provision means exciting opportunities for cross-phase collaboration;
- we have strong partnerships with families, the local community, other Lambeth schools and Teaching Alliances.
Prospective applicants are always welcome to come and visit, please contact the the school office to arrange a tour, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to meeting you.
Our Current Vacancies
Woodmansterne School & Sixth FormHead of Year
SW165UQClosing date: 27th Mar 2023 09:00 We would like to appoint an excellent teacher to join our Middle Leaders focusing on monitoring and improving outcomes for a particular year group. You will be joining a team of other supportive... Read more
Woodmansterne School & Sixth FormTeacher of Art
SW165UQClosing date: 27th Mar 2023 09:00 We are looking for an excellent Art teacher to join our evolving team and be fundamental in
shaping our all through school. You will be part of a motivated and forward thinking ADT
department and... Read more
Woodmansterne School & Sixth FormTeacher of Art & Design Technology
SW165UQClosing date: 27th Mar 2023 09:00 We are looking for a talented and creative teacher to join our evolving team and be
fundamental in shaping our all through school. You will be part of a motivated and forward
thinking ADT... Read more
Woodmansterne School & Sixth FormTeacher of Business
SW165UQClosing date: 27th Mar 2023 09:00 We are looking to appoint an excellent teacher and creative leader to join our evolving team and be fundamental in shaping our all-through school. You will lead the strategic direction and... Read more
Woodmansterne School & Sixth FormTeacher of Geography
SW165UQClosing date: 27th Mar 2023 09:00 We are looking for a creative and talented teacher to join our motivated and expanding
team. You will be fundamental in formulating our innovative and exciting secondary
curriculum and... Read more