Working at Woodmansterne
Working at Woodmansterne is never dull. Creative ideas are listened to and considered and challenge is encouraged. Staff here are keen and confident to go the extra mile, knowing that their input is valued and respected. Woodmansterne is a special place, ask anyone who has walked through our doors, the learning environment is calm and enriched; pupils, staff and parents are happy. Our goal is simple, to ‘achieve excellence together’, we do this by supporting each other in our relentless focus to inspire our young people (and each other) to be the very best version of themselves that they can be.
Working closely across phases has ensured cohesion between staff, a greater understanding of effective transition and how children learn and flourish. Our children have been able to share experiences and develop a strong and united voice. It has been a pioneering journey, one that we have embraced as a community, we have learnt from each other, risen to challenges and overcome obstacles together. As we continue our journey we intend to protect and the uniqueness of our cross phase community and all-through provision.
Working closely with our families and the wider community is something we are passionate about, we have links with the local food bank, host community events for local elderly residents and share our wonderful facilities with the local community groups.
As a Woodmansterne staff member, you can expect regular and relevant professional development, opportunities to work across phases, be creative and risk taking in your teaching, work closely with colleagues in planning and training. You will be an integral part of this wonderful school and supported by an experienced and supportive leadership team.
Some more reasons why Woodmansterne is a great place to work:
- we have fantastic children and families (many schools say that, but we really do);
- half-price wrap around care if your child/ren attend Play Professionals after school club provision (either at Woodmansterne or another school);
- we have amazing facilities: two fantastic libraries, dedicated ICT suites, specialist food rooms, science labs, music provision and well-resourced, ICT rich learning spaces and a huge playing field;
- our exciting, enriched, curriculum is pupil-centred aimed at capturing every child’s full learning potential;
- we are committed to staff well-being and have a well-being committee who arrange book clubs, exercise classes and well-being activities;
- a commitment to personalised professional development and opportunities for career growth;
- we have a cohesive, friendly, highly-skilled and passionate staff body, who are completely committed to Woodmansterne’s values and ethos;
- access to the Cyclescheme;
- free tea, coffee, milk and sugar provided in our wonderful spacious staffrooms and work areas;
- delicious food cooked by our Chefs in Schools team at affordable prices;
- the uniqueness of our all-through provision means exciting opportunities for cross-phase collaboration;
- we have strong partnerships with families, the local community, other Lambeth schools and Teaching Alliances.
Prospective applicants are always welcome to come and visit, please contact the the school office to arrange a tour, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to meeting you.
Our Current Vacancies
Woodmansterne School & Sixth FormReceptionist
SW165UQClosing date: 4th Mar 2024 We are looking for a creative, motivated and excellent Receptionist who would relish the oppor-tunity to join our innovative and committed Admin team.
You will be fundamental in contributing to this... Read more
Woodmansterne School & Sixth FormPrimary Class Teacher
SW165UQClosing date: 5th Mar 2024 09:00 We are looking for a creative and talented teacher to join our motivated and expanding team.
You will be fundamental in formulating our innovative and exciting primary curriculum and contributing... Read more